Put yourself on the same page as your boss, literally, by reading what he’s reading. Some of the best books on executives’ nightstands:
- Superfreakonomics, by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, applies economic thinking to everything.
- Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell, examines why some people succeed.
- Built to Last, by Jim Collins, reveals the secret of longevity behind companies that last.
- The Upside of the Downturn, by Geoffrey Colvin, offers 10 strategies for companies to stay competitive during tough times.
- Viral Loop, by Adam L. Penenberg, explains the rocket-ship growth of services like Facebook and Twitter.
- Too Big to Fail, by Andrew Ross Sorkin, examines the 2008 financial implosion on Wall Street and in Washington.