Company bloggers, make sure you’re familiar with the basics of marketing and communications 101. To reach your audience in the right way, think through these four key questions:
1. What are your business objectives?
2. Who is your audience (target market)?
3. What do you hope this communication will help your company achieve?
4. How will you measure your efforts?
Once you know the answers to those questions, take the next step and create an editorial calendar specifying what you’ll write about over the next several months.
Example: On Wednesdays, you’ll post a roundup of links from around the web. Friday may be when you post interviews with members of your team.
You can always change the calendar later. But the exercise is critical. Why? Because it’s the best way to ensure you have an overall plan for engaging your readers/customers.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches