1. Think like a leader. Unlike other employees, you anticipate what’s needed, discuss and plan it with your boss, and will find yourself assigned to get it done.
2. Lighten your boss’s load. Work out your assignments in a way that will take some of the burden off. If you prove you can do the same quality of work as a higher-up, you’ll be in position for a promotion.
3. Ask for forgiveness later. Once you’ve got your sea legs, there’s no point in constantly asking for permission. Master your craft to the degree that you know what’s best, then act on that knowledge. If you mess up occasionally, apologize.
4. Make things better. Don’t just deliver projects complete and on time. Improve processes.
5. Get a life. The honchos need to view you as a peer, not a servant.
— Adapted from “5 Tips To Get Promoted,” Drew Tarvin, Brazen Careerist.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/27426/5-ways-to-get-promoted "