While execs spend an average of 55 minutes interviewing staff-level applicants (and 86 minutes for candidates), they form an opinion of job-seekers in an average of 10 minutes, according to a Robert Half poll of 150 senior execs at large companies.
Legal risk: Quick first impressions may be based on illegal biases (age, race, gender, etc.).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Recruiting & Retaining: 6 Real-Life Examples of Successful Programs
- Are you stretching or just straining?
- Virginia state employees compete in healthy lifestyle contest
- Stimulus law adds COBRA subsidy, tax changes