While execs spend an average of 55 minutes interviewing staff-level applicants (and 86 minutes for candidates), they form an opinion of job-seekers in an average of 10 minutes, according to a Robert Half poll of 150 senior execs at large companies.
Legal risk: Quick first impressions may be based on illegal biases (age, race, gender, etc.).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Will the presidential election result affect hiring?
- Keep an open mind when hiring holiday help
- Whether paper or electronic, make sure job applications are legal
- Watching the detectives: A cautionary tale on employee privacy