While execs spend an average of 55 minutes interviewing staff-level applicants (and 86 minutes for candidates), they form an opinion of job-seekers in an average of 10 minutes, according to a Robert Half poll of 150 senior execs at large companies.
Legal risk: Quick first impressions may be based on illegal biases (age, race, gender, etc.).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Time management without a clock
- Pass your own health care reform with these 4 best practices
- North Dakota first in 2014 job creation, riding oil boom
- Beyond business need, show why individuals got sacked