While execs spend an average of 55 minutes interviewing staff-level applicants (and 86 minutes for candidates), they form an opinion of job-seekers in an average of 10 minutes, according to a Robert Half poll of 150 senior execs at large companies.
Legal risk: Quick first impressions may be based on illegal biases (age, race, gender, etc.).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Top 10 cities where millennials are moving
- Managers overlooking senior employees
- Outsourcing, recession make HR-to-staff ratios less precise
- Hiring work-release prisoners? Some aren't covered by FLSA's pay, overtime rules