The latest source of stress for workers isn’t their mountainous workload or difficult co-workers. It’s their vacations.
A recent Randstad Work Watch survey reveals that a large percentage of employees find taking time off for vacation difficult.
When asked what they found difficult about it, they responded:
- First day back in the office after vacation: 77%
- The last day in the office before vacation: 44%
- Giving up control of responsibilities: 30%
- Finding out that my absence was not missed: 10%
- Missing out on gossip: 4%
Not everyone is taking vacation this year. In a recent Newsvine poll, one-third of respondents said all trips were off, while another 10% said they didn’t have time or money for a vacation in the first place.
Sources: Randstad; Newsvine.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches