Same work, fewer expenses and less hassle. That’s the perceived advantage of using independent contractors. And the mantra has its appeal. But many employers have opted for freelancers only to find a new set of problems: lack of control, unreliable workers and, in some cases, litigation ...
- Can we cut our legal risk by offering unconditional reinstatement?
- Retaliation can happen even in flimsy harassment case
- Hazleton's illegal-immigrant law overturned: Federal law prevails--for now
- You don't have to pay all managers equally unless jobs are substantially similar
- 10 key tips for recession-proofing your HR department