“Hey, thanks!” Sometimes a quick word of thanks to a co-worker is enough. Other times, you need to express your personal appreciation in a way that stands out (but doesn’t break the bank).
Try one of these ideas the next time you want to thank someone for going above and beyond:
1. Send a handwritten thank-you note. For the cost of a stamp, you can do something that people rarely do these days: put pen to paper. And, unlike e-mail, a written note can be tacked up and shown off.
2. Present a small certificate. When displayed, it draws attention because it’s pint-size.
3. Give a single flower from your garden or the florist, with a note of appreciation.
4. Leave a candy bar or a piece of fruit with a note on the person’s desk. For a bigger “thanks,” stock the individual’s drawer with a favorite sweet or treat and a delicious note of appreciation.
5. Say something nice about the “thankee” to someone else in the office when the person you appreciate is within earshot. Everyone enjoys a moment in the spotlight.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches