Mark your calendar: Oct. 16 is National Boss Day. Here’s an alternative to bringing a card or cookies:
Honor the day by making a silent commitment to strengthening your relationship with your boss. The Pyramid Resource Group Inc. in Cary, N.C., came up with five ways to do it:
1. Understand that your job is to help the boss win. If you’re not sure what exactly constitutes success for your boss, ask.
2. Listen for your boss’s best intentions when he speaks. Ask questions to better understand what it is he needs.
3. Tell the truth, as you see it, in a neutral way. Your boss wants to know what you think.
4. Schedule a time to meet regularly if the boss doesn’t schedule it for you. Be brief in this meeting. If you schedule 30 minutes, take 15 and give time back.
5. Stop gossiping, especially about your boss. Learn to turn away from the negative discussions.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/26649/national-boss-day-5-ways-to-celebrate "