Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- Hiring bias costs Dallas defense contractor $1.5 million
- Think twice before firing employee who needs to take short disability leave
- Employee refuses to cooperate with internal investigation? That's a firing offense
- When employee complains about bias, take control ASAP to prevent retaliation
- Harsh criticism alone isn't discrimination