Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- Employ teens? Child-Labor fines, enforcement on the rise
- Minnesota agencies settle retirees' age-bias lawsuit
- Timing of harassment in question? Check time cards to determine who could have seen what
- Warn managers never to disclose medical info about former workers
- Paid suspensions are safer than unpaid ones