Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Title VII: Employees who sue for bias have easier path to victory.
- Can we require employees to waive their rights to file an EEOC charge?
- Lawry's Restaurants agrees to settle gender bias claims
- Simple hearsay about harassment doesn't create hostile environment