Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- After discrimination complaint, be sure to document any potential disciplinary moves
- No additional claims in most sexual harassment cases
- Employers usually win when ADA claims go to trial
- You can offer better benefits to older workers, Supreme Court rules