Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Razzoo's money-Making plan runs into a $1 million snag
- Document all disciplinary actions, including why and when you decided to act
- Beware: You're now strictly liable for supervisor harassment
- Don't let EEOC complaint derail planned firing