Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Medina company settles national-origin EEOC case
- Rule No. 1 for evaluations: The employer—not the employee—sets the standards
- Ensure employees know how to complain about retaliation
- While he's done a great job as city manager, she's got to go