Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- HR's uneven response to graffiti and swastikas: 'Close' counts in horseshoes ... not harassment
- Stare masters: How much ogling equals harassment?
- Warn supervisors against comments on military service
- Employee acts as own lawyer? Expect legal complications
- Can we privately settle a race bias case that may be heading for the EEOC?