Tallahassee Community College recently settled a discrimination lawsuit with the U.S. Justice Department, agreeing to pay more than $34,000 in back pay and interest to a job applicant.
The plaintiff alleged that the college denied him a position as a HomeSafenet trainer because of his race.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Get legal help with termination agreements
- Beware making sudden changes in working conditions after employee announces pregnancy
- BK hands over $85,000 after boss seeks sex from teen worker
- Inability to perform a specific job doesn't mean employee is disabled