Good news on the recruiting front: “The young and the restless” are flocking to Atlanta. They’re the most coveted demographic in the nation: 25- to 34-year-old, highly educated professionals.
From 1990 to 2000, Atlanta increased its “young and restless” population by 46 percent, faster than any of the other top 25 most populous metro areas in the United States, according to a recent study by the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
Note: Expect the competition to heat up for young, talented labor as baby boomers retire and the work force shrinks.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Understand the North Carolina Persons with Disabilities Protection Act
- Hillsborough pilot wins $36,000 age discrimination suit
- Pressure to 'Balance' staff may show reverse discrimination
- Applicant filed for bankruptcy: Can you refuse to hire him?