Other findings based on the nationwide survey of 2,300 full- and part-time workers from organizations of at least 50 employees:
• 44 percent say their employers show genuine concern for them or care about their long-term development.
• 59 percent say their employers trust them.
• 42 percent say their employers deserve their loyalty.
• 45 percent express a strong sense of personal attachment to their employers.
Here are five ways to strengthen employees’ connection to your organization:
1. Show fairness, including a fair compensation package.
2. Show care and concern.
3. Provide daily job satisfaction.
4. Trust employees’ judgment.
5. Give them the tools and resources to grow and contribute.