Put a crimp in turnover — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily
One-third of workers are at “high risk” of quitting within two years, according to a recent study by Hudson Institute and Walker Information. What’s worse, 39 percent of the workers feel trapped in jobs they hate because of accumulated benefits or a sense they can’t equal their pay elsewhere.
Other findings based on the nationwide survey of 2,300 full- and part-time workers from organizations of at least 50 employees:
• 44 percent say their employers show genuine concern for them or care about their long-term development. • 59 percent say their employers trust them. • 42 percent say their employers deserve their loyalty. • 45 percent express a strong sense of personal attachment to their employers.
Here are five ways to strengthen employees’ connection to your organization:
1. Show fairness, including a fair compensation package.
2. Show care and concern.
3. Provide daily job satisfaction.
4. Trust employees’ judgment.
5. Give them the tools and resources to grow and contribute.
From the presidential race and global diplomacy to the sports world, negotiation has been in the news of late. The issues are vastly different, but these negotiations have one thing in common: The parties view each other with distrust and sometimes dislike. How do you "bargain with the devil”?...Click here to find out more.