Melville-based Comprehensive Benefits Consultants will pay $150,000 to four former employees who alleged the company’s owner and his son subjected them to name-calling, sexual jokes, hugging and grabbing.
The settlement decree requires the company to provide anti-discrimination training to employees and set up complaint investigation procedures. The owner’s son, who is company president, also dropped defamation lawsuits against the plaintiffs.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/2596/melville-benefits-firm-settles-fatherson-harassment-lawsuit "
- New boss raises the bar? Give worker a chance to improve, discipline if she doesn't
- Does Texas have any unusual protected classes?
- When it comes to discrimination, retaliation is still the No. 1 risk
- Feds push back deadline for reporting payments to Medicare beneficiaries
- Manager who did the hiring also should do the firing