It’s not just about money, as Fortune’s new “100 Best Companies to Work For 2007” list shows. And five of those best places are in Pennsylvania:
- Alcon Laboratories, an eye-care company with 581 employees in Sinking Spring, ranked No. 65 in the nation and highest in the state. The company scored big for paying 90 percent of employees’ health insurance premiums and running a 24-hour fitness center.
- Proctor & Gamble, with 4,784 employees in its Mehoopany location, ranked No. 68 for keeping employees connected through anonymous hotlines and online Q&A sessions with its CEO.
- Lehigh Valley Hospital & Health Network came in at No. 80 for free health care and bonuses tied to patient satisfaction and financial results.
- Vanguard, with 8,771 employees in its Valley Forge headquarters, ranked No. 95 and was cited for exceptional employee loyalty.
- IKEA followed at No. 96, employing nearly 1,100 in its Philadelphia facility.
Fortune based the rankings on standard criteria such as job growth, wages, benefits, educational opportunities, employee turnover and the percentage of women and minority employees.
While health care was key across the board, it’s noteworthy how many factors weren’t big-ticket items. Employees cited Alcon’s $200 exercise incentive program, P&G’s innovative communications and Vanguard’s solid corporate ethics as key to their job satisfaction.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/2571/best-companies-to-work-for-list-includes-5-pa-employers "