The New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development intends to enact new prevailing-wage rules for contractor employees or subcontractors who work on building services projects at properties owned or leased by the state.
Building services include cleaning and maintenance, such as general janitorial work.
In addition to requiring paying the prevailing wage, the regulations cover record retention and inspection rights. The regulations will also set penalties, including fines and prison terms for employers that violate the rules.
For more on the proposed regulations, go to www.nj.gov/labor/leg/forms/ njac12_64.pdf.
- What are the rules on employee access to personnel files?
- Making the leap to electronic records: 4 legal considerations
- Mandatory arbitration: 7 ways to make it stick in court
- Ex-employees: Gone but not forgotten Courts' broader definition of 'employee' expands your liability
- When to toss your financial records