The New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development intends to enact new prevailing-wage rules for contractor employees or subcontractors who work on building services projects at properties owned or leased by the state.
Building services include cleaning and maintenance, such as general janitorial work.
In addition to requiring paying the prevailing wage, the regulations cover record retention and inspection rights. The regulations will also set penalties, including fines and prison terms for employers that violate the rules.
For more on the proposed regulations, go to www.nj.gov/labor/leg/forms/ njac12_64.pdf.
- Will Isiah Thomas verdict open sex harassment floodgates?
- The Office Organizer: Tips on file organizing, record retention and email management
- When Supervisors Keep 'Unofficial' Personnel Files
- Must we turn over personnel records that might compromise an investigation?
- Stolen disc costs two jobs, plus a week of vacation