The New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development intends to enact new prevailing-wage rules for contractor employees or subcontractors who work on building services projects at properties owned or leased by the state.
Building services include cleaning and maintenance, such as general janitorial work.
In addition to requiring paying the prevailing wage, the regulations cover record retention and inspection rights. The regulations will also set penalties, including fines and prison terms for employers that violate the rules.
For more on the proposed regulations, go to www.nj.gov/labor/leg/forms/ njac12_64.pdf.
- Office Organizer: Small biz tips on file organizing, record retention and email management
- Prepare to make clear-cut case before firing public employee working on contract
- To what extent can we use electronic systems to store I-9s and other personnel documents?
- Must manager release notes on performance when employee requests personnel file?
- Safeguarding your office files