Wish you had more time to read? If you already own an iPod, here’s a time-conscious, affordable way to feed your brain: Listen to podcasts of books or stories during your daily commute … for free.
On iTunes, you can find podcasts of everything from the great classics to poetry to Spanish lessons. Try subscribing to these:
- “Great Books: A Chapter a Day”: Hear classics like Call of the Wild and Animal Farm.
- “Money Girl’s Quick & Dirty Tips for a Richer Life”: In five-minute sessions, learn how to get the most out of your 401(k) or how to promote good versus bad debt.
- “NPR Story of the Day”: National Public Radio’s top story. Good fodder for the water cooler.
- “Learn Spanish With Coffee Break Spanish”: In 20 minutes, you can learn a few phrases.
- Lectures from Princeton or Yale: Gain a free Ivy League education.
Even if you don’t have an iPod, you still can download iTunes (www.apple.com/itunes) to your computer.