Headed to a conference soon? Plan a better business trip for you or the boss with these five tips:
1. Ride first class for the cost of coach. For $5 a month, you can subscribe to ExpertFlyer.com. The site inventories unsold seats for most major airlines, including first-class seats available at last-minute coach fares.
2. Check e-mail between meetings. JWire lets you search for a Wi-Fi hotspot by city, ZIP code, price or provider. Use the online database or offline directory to access a free spot.
3. Book a table at the right restaurant. Zagat, the guide to restaurants, is your best friend when it comes to finding the perfect eatery in a strange town. Membership cost: $25. Coverage: 85 U.S cities. Zagat to Go lets you download to your smartphone.
4. Get around town easily. Check HopStop.com (via computer or cell phone) to find out which train, subway or bus to catch in Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. It also lets you know the fare, so you’re not caught without the right change.
5. Travel and stay fit with AthleticMindedTraveler.com. The site lists workout options in nearly 60 cities. Find out which hotels have the best clubs, or where to pick up a nearby running trail. Cost per month: $3.
- How to Write Meeting Minutes No matches