Inject some fun into your office with these low-cost tools:
- Put out a big bowl of M&Ms for co-workers to share. Buy them from www.mymms.com and you can customize the color and printing. Example: $12 buys a seven-ounce bag of M&Ms with your own message printed on them.
- Show that you have a sense of humor by supplementing regular office supplies with clever ones. Example: A package of sticky notes from KnockKnock.biz costs just $3.95. The workplace-oriented stickies come with humorous headers such as “Humbly submitted for your approval” or “Help.”
- Give out toys to help a group break the ice or encourage creative thoughts among meeting attendees. Ideas: Play-Doh, Nerf balls or Silly Putty. Order 100 eggs at SillyPutty.com for about $110.
- Collect loose change in an empty water bottle with a “Chuck Your Change” sign on it. Once you’ve accumulated enough, send out a poll asking office mates what they’d like to use the money toward (i.e., ice cream social versus catered lunch).
- Hold a wastepaper basketball tournament, paper airplane contest or baby-photo guessing contest. Award the winner with a paper-clip crown.
- How to Write Meeting Minutes No matches