A group of black and Hispanic police officers have accused the NYPD of harassment for noting in their personnel files that they were complainants in a discrimination suit. The notations could damage their careers, their attorney says.
The lesson: Past litigation records don’t relate to , so keep them separate from personnel files. Only information related to job performance, , compensation and any disciplinary action taken belongs in personnel files.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- A manager's paperwork is never done: What to keep, what to toss
- Use performance files to make annual reviews more effective, relaxed
- Play it safe: Craft policy banning supervisor/subordinate relationships
- Beware disciplining worker who has claimed harassment