A group of black and Hispanic police officers have accused the NYPD of harassment for noting in their personnel files that they were complainants in a discrimination suit. The notations could damage their careers, their attorney says.
The lesson: Past litigation records don’t relate to , so keep them separate from personnel files. Only information related to job performance, , compensation and any disciplinary action taken belongs in personnel files.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Discipline firmly, but don't overdo it
- The hard truth by 'Z': Level with employees about the good, the bad & the ugly
- Hang tough when there's absolutely no discrimination
- If employee won't admit disability, what are our reasonable accommodation obligations?