A group of black and Hispanic police officers have accused the NYPD of harassment for noting in their personnel files that they were complainants in a discrimination suit. The notations could damage their careers, their attorney says.
The lesson: Past litigation records don’t relate to , so keep them separate from personnel files. Only information related to job performance, , compensation and any disciplinary action taken belongs in personnel files.
- Scour your policies now for any traces of age discrimination
- Good and accurate records key to winning lawsuits early
- Poor performance terminations and COBRA: Can we deny the new COBRA subsidy?
- 4 best practices you can use to avoid retaliation claims
- After Supreme Court decision, what you must do to prevent retaliation