A group of black and Hispanic police officers have accused the NYPD of harassment for noting in their personnel files that they were complainants in a discrimination suit. The notations could damage their careers, their attorney says.
The lesson: Past litigation records don’t relate to , so keep them separate from personnel files. Only information related to job performance, , compensation and any disciplinary action taken belongs in personnel files.
- Beware shifting explanations for HR decisions
- Don't make juries use their imaginations! Tell decision-makers to keep interview notes
- Updated web site helps bulletproof your accommodation practices
- Raise Doesn't Prove Employee Was Succeeding
- How should we handle inquiries about age that we need to conduct background checks?