- The baby is the center of its universe. All eyes are on baby. That convinces the baby that it is the sun and everybody else is dead rock revolving around it.
- The baby speaks nonsense, but nobody appears to notice or care. In fact, almost everyone speaks nonsense back.
- Those who serve the baby had better pay attention to its moods. When the initial joy of a new toy fades, dark clouds descend.
- Schedules revolve around the baby. Ever get a call—or two or three—from the CEO while you’re about to have a drink with friends?
- The baby is carried everywhere. We know CEOs with 10-year-old shoes that have trod on nothing but carpet.
- When the baby makes a mess, other people clean it up.
- Babies have weird hair.
Get weekly updates on breaking news and business advice to help you advance your career! The week's top stories and resources will be sent right to your inbox. Choose the topics you're interested in:
We value your Privacy.