A federal district court judge in Texas recently approved a settlement to resolve allegations of national-origin discrimination against QuietFlex Manufacturing Co.
The Houston air-conditioning duct manufacturer agreed to pay $2.8 million to 78 current and former Latino employees who claimed that they had been discriminated against on the basis of their race, color or national origin in hiring, job assignments, transfers, firing and compensation.
QuietFlex also agreed to establish policies and practices to advance equal employment opportunities within the company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When the riffed 'group' is just one worker, expect a lawsuit
- Firing family members? If they're at will, it's your call
- Failing to pay workers on time may cost you a big penalty
- 13 applicants you don't want to hire (plus 7 tips for decoding resumes)