A federal district court judge in Texas recently approved a settlement to resolve allegations of national-origin discrimination against QuietFlex Manufacturing Co.
The Houston air-conditioning duct manufacturer agreed to pay $2.8 million to 78 current and former Latino employees who claimed that they had been discriminated against on the basis of their race, color or national origin in hiring, job assignments, transfers, firing and compensation.
QuietFlex also agreed to establish policies and practices to advance equal employment opportunities within the company.
- Housing grants help employees reduce their commutes
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they 'know' who's best for the job
- Create--and enforce--policy requiring honesty
- Does our automatic termination policy expose us to liability for ADA violations?
- Prevent new type of lawsuit: Credit-Check discrimination