A federal district court judge in Texas recently approved a settlement to resolve allegations of national-origin discrimination against QuietFlex Manufacturing Co.
The Houston air-conditioning duct manufacturer agreed to pay $2.8 million to 78 current and former Latino employees who claimed that they had been discriminated against on the basis of their race, color or national origin in hiring, job assignments, transfers, firing and compensation.
QuietFlex also agreed to establish policies and practices to advance equal employment opportunities within the company.
- Demotion or termination? How to make the call
- With good reason, it's OK to fire upon return from FMLA
- Boss recommends firing minority worker? Check the record for hidden supervisor bias
- 6 ways you can cut state unemployment tax
- Employee miffed about your decision? That's no reason to tolerate insubordination