- “Would a partner help improve my odds of success?” Expensive or unconventional ideas often need more than one person behind them.
- “Do I know enough about the next environment, where my idea will either live or die?” If not, consider building a relationship with someone who will champion the idea at that stage.
- “Would it be a good idea to wait before launching this idea?” Should you hold off, for example, so you can build it into the schedule of funding processes in your organization?
- “Do I understand the competition?” Other ideas are always out there. Can your idea hold its own against them?
- “Do I have enough money and power?” If not, seek a champion who can help push it through.
- “Does my idea fit our business?” If your organization values speed and your idea saves time, for example, you have a fit.
- “Where will my idea succeed next?” Will it translate to other environments and differentiate itself from other ideas?
Get weekly updates on breaking news and business advice to help you advance your career! The week's top stories and resources will be sent right to your inbox. Choose the topics you're interested in:
We value your Privacy.