- You ask them to “remind” you about something, as if you’re too busy thinking of “important” things to be bothered.
- You waste their time. Example: Accepting phone calls—important or not—while you’re meeting with them.
- You expect other people to adhere to standards that you don’t adhere to.
- You delegate inappropriate tasks. Example: “Please pick up my husband’s suit at the cleaners this afternoon. I don’t have time.”
- You operate from a basis of ignorance. Example: “I don’t really understand this issue, but I think you still have more work to do on it.”
Get weekly updates on breaking news and business advice to help you advance your career! The week's top stories and resources will be sent right to your inbox. Choose the topics you're interested in:
We value your Privacy.