Some unexpected actions that yield results:
- Giving a high-stakes assignment to someone who is, as yet, untried.
- Approving a promising idea on the spot.
- Admitting that someone else’s idea is better than yours.
- Speaking openly about your personal frustration with a problem that needs to be addressed.
- Admitting that the competition is doing better than you are in a key area.
- Acknowledging that you’ve grown stale in certain activities and turning over responsibility for them to someone else.