- Come to work every day ready, willing and able to be fired.
- Step neatly around any orders aimed at stopping your dream.
- Take on any job necessary to make your project work, regardless of your official working hours or job description.
- Find people who will help you, not just provide lip service.
- Follow your intuition about the people you choose, and work only with the best.
- Work underground as long as you can. Publicity triggers the release of antibodies from the corporate immune system.
- Never bet on a race unless you’re running in it.
- Remember: It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
- Be true to your goals, but be realistic about how well they mesh with your employer’s goals and how you will achieve them.
- Honor your sponsors.
Get weekly updates on breaking news and business advice to help you advance your career! The week's top stories and resources will be sent right to your inbox. Choose the topics you're interested in:
We value your Privacy.