Suppose you decide to prepare your own return. What are the most frequent errors? Here’s a list of 10 common boo-boos, according to H&R Block:
- Social Security number(s) are incorrect, missing or don’t match the name(s) on the return.
- Required documentation (W-2s, etc.) missing.
- No signature on the return.
- Filing status incorrectly marked.
- Return includes math errors or inaccurate numbers.
- Incorrect or missing forms and schedules.
- Taxpayer claims the standard deduction when itemizing would be more advantageous.
- Failure to complete the work sheet for taxable Social Security benefits.
- Filer fails to claim available credits (child-tax credit, earned-income credit, etc.) or figures credits incorrectly.
- Income items are omitted.
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies No matches