• Wow clients and others in your network by sending handwritten notes to thank, follow up with or congratulate. Video producer Ellen Barnard says she always sends handwritten notes or flowers to clients, and “they’re left with the impression that I’m really good at what I do.”
• Persuade others more easily by selling the benefits of your idea. Example: Don’t just say, “The new printers will make the workplace better.” Say, “Once we have the new printers, we can turn around color-print jobs faster and cheaper because we can do it in-house.”
• Make your next lunch meeting a breakfast affair instead. More and more people are scheduling breakfast meetings, since they take less time and don’t interrupt productive work time.
• Conserve paper by saving receipts from web purchases as PDF files instead of printing them. A free program, CutePDF (www.cutepdf.com), converts an onscreen web receipt to a PDF file by just using the “Pr...(register to read more)
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches