The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
“While it is the intention of this policy to provide all employees the opportunity to become involved in their community, approval from direct supervision must be obtained when time away from work is involved. If the volunteer activity is company-sponsored but can only occur during core work hours, then time away from work will be considered time spent on company business. If the volunteer activity is not company-sponsored, flextime should be utilized. Prior to committing to volunteer activities requiring time away from work, it is the employee’s responsibility to discuss with his or her supervisor the impact such activity will have on the employee’s work performance.
“In addition, in consultation with employees involve...(register to read more)
- Texas Law on Employment Discrimination for Participating in Emergency Evacuation
- Turn Gen Y's 'unreasonable' requests into a negotiating tool
- Before you decide to fire, make sure past evaluations support your rationale
- Grocery clerk stops shoplifter, loses job for breaking rule
- Your detailed records: Keys to legal victory