The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“The Organization is commited to develop, maintain and support a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities in employment within the Organization. To assist in this, the Organization will actively support job sharing where it is reasonable and practical to do so and where operational needs will not be adversely affected.
a. [In a job share] two people voluntarily share the duties and responsibilities of one full-time position, dividing the hours between them. The full-time salary and holiday/leave time are allocated on a pro rata basis to each of the job sharers. Guidance on job-share arrangements can be sought from the Human Resource Office when a position becomes vacant, or when a request to job-share is receive...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What are the details on the new, proposed NLRB union election rules?
- What should we do? We're afraid our diabetic employee is a danger to herself and others
- Beware managers who participate in drive to unionize workers
- USERRA: Know your duty to returning disabled reservists