The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1: Sexual Harassment
“XYZ is pledged to preserving a working environment free from sexual harassment. Harassment is against the law and is a form of gender discrimination. The aim of this policy is to prevent harassment of any kind by anyone employed by or associated with the company.
“Sexual harassment consists of unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors or unwanted sexual attention by anyone associated with the company, whether male or female. Harassment may include references to employment status or conditions or may serve to create a hostile, intimidating or uncomfortable work environment. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, obscene jokes, lewd comments, sexual depictions, repeated requests for dates, touchi...(register to read more)
- Whistle-blower law insulates noncomplaining workers, too
- The policy and legal implications of discussing compensation
- Feel free to discipline or fire if it's warranted -- regardless of employee's FMLA status
- HR must step up as economy takes a tumble
- Did serial harasser fare better than the victim at DHS?