After 23 years, New York-based Davis Vision has lost its contract to provide vision benefits to state employees. Ohio-based EyeMed Vision Care won the coveted contract.
But already several unions are calling on the state to award it to Davis, citing the loss of New York jobs as their main reason. The contract loss will apparently trigger job cuts at Davis. Planned expansion of a call facility and claims center may come to a halt.
Davis protested the award to EyeMed, but the New York Civil Service Commission disallowed the protest.
- If you ignore legal notice, you lose
- New Pennsylvania law protects service dogs
- Spell out FMLA intermittent leave timing in handbook—or risk a million-dollar mistake
- Excuse disabled worker from strict attendance rules--but demand doctor's note
- Warning: Winning in state court doesn't mean you can't be sued in federal court