After 23 years, New York-based Davis Vision has lost its contract to provide vision benefits to state employees. Ohio-based EyeMed Vision Care won the coveted contract.
But already several unions are calling on the state to award it to Davis, citing the loss of New York jobs as their main reason. The contract loss will apparently trigger job cuts at Davis. Planned expansion of a call facility and claims center may come to a halt.
Davis protested the award to EyeMed, but the New York Civil Service Commission disallowed the protest.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use better treatment of class members to counter discrimination lawsuit
- Update your emergency plan with these online tools
- Is there any way to keep staff from speaking with former employee's attorney?
- When firing, choose words carefully, stick to performance