If you plan to share your Excel 2007 files with others, set Excel 2007 to save your files automatically in Excel 97-2003 format, so anyone can open them.
How to do it:
1. Start up Excel 2007. Open an empty work sheet.
2. Click the “Office” button at the top left to bring up a menu.
3. Click the “Excel Options” button at the bottom of the window. You’ll see a list of options to the left, headed “Popular.”
4. Click on the fourth one down, “Save.” Next to “Save files in this format,” you’ll see a box that says “Excel Workbook (*.xlsx).”
5. Click on the down arrow at the right of the box and a list appears.
6. Click on “Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls).”
7. Click “OK.”
To check to see that your change has worked: Click on the colored “Office” button again. This time select “Save As.” At the bottom of that box, it should say “Save as type Excel 97- 2003 Workbook.” Other Excel users can now view your data.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/23915/excel-2007-users-make-your-data-visible "