• 30% said they yawn 10 or more times per day.
• 45% said they feel more tired, more often, than ever.
• 54% said they would take a nap at work if permitted.
• 84% report an “afternoon slump” between 3 and 5:30 pm.
Why are we so tired? Workers’ energy crises can be triggered by a “fuel shortage,” says Jon Gordon, who wrote The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy.
He offers these tips for your midday fuel-up:
• Plan lunch the night before.
• Include protein in every lunch.