1. Click on links at Care2.com and QuickDonations.com. Sponsors will make a contribution to a range of worthy causes, including mammograms for women without health insurance and medical care for poor children.
2. Do a “do-good” web search. Search engines such as GoodTree.com, SearchKindly.org, Jikolp.com and GoodSearch.com donate a portion (or all) of their advertising revenue to charity.
3. Put aside one dollar a day. At month’s end, donate the total to whatever cause is closest to your heart. The amount is less important than the charitable gesture.
4. Choose a week to ask employees to do a “pantry purge” and bring nonperishable food items to work. Then deliver them to a local shelter or food bank.
5. Organize a “drive.” Examples:
- Do a coat drive to benefit The Salvation Army.
- Gather old duffels and suitcases to help foster children who would otherwise lug their belongings in a garbage bag. (Check ChildWelfare.gov to find a local foster-care agency in your area.)
- Donate eyeglasses you no longer use to vision-impaired people around the world by mailing them to New Eyes for the Needy, 549 Millburn Ave., Short Hills, NJ 07078.
- How to Write Meeting Minutes No matches