The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
“There are two ways to terminate employment: voluntary and involuntary. Voluntaryinclude resignations, retirement, failure to return from leave, failure to report to work for three consecutive days without notifying the company, and completion of a contract. Involuntary terminations include layoffs and disciplinary action. Employees who want to leave in good standing will give their supervisor at least two weeks’ notice.”
Sample Policy 2:
“Certain conduct is so repugnant to the policies of XYZ that it will lead to immediate discharge. Such conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Reporting for work under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
- Possession, use, sale or distribution of controlled substances on...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- States aim to bar employers from Facebook passwords
- Beyond withholding: Payroll's many compliance duties
- Seek attorney's help to craft arbitration agreements that will keep you out of court
- Albertsons settles final-Paycheck lawsuit, will pay $15 million