The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
“Supervisors and employees are strongly encouraged to discuss job performance and goals on an informal, day-to-day basis. Additional formalare conducted annually to provide both supervisors and employees the opportunity to discuss job tasks, identify and correct weaknesses, encourage and recognize strengths, and discuss positive, purposeful approaches for meeting goals.”
Sample Policy 2:
“XYZ hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance. A written evaluation will be discussed with the employee no less than once a year. The objectives of the (register to read more)process are: to review job performance, to facilitate timely written and verbal feedback, ...
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- A new CEO asked just 4 questions
- Craft strategy to retain your best employees
- Safety for all: Ensure evacuation plans comply with the ADA
- Texas High Court rules arbitration agreements valid despite changing employment conditions