The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
“Supervisors and employees are strongly encouraged to discuss job performance and goals on an informal, day-to-day basis. Additional formalare conducted annually to provide both supervisors and employees the opportunity to discuss job tasks, identify and correct weaknesses, encourage and recognize strengths, and discuss positive, purposeful approaches for meeting goals.”
Sample Policy 2:
“XYZ hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance. A written evaluation will be discussed with the employee no less than once a year. The objectives of the (register to read more)process are: to review job performance, to facilitate timely written and verbal feedback, ...
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Social networking is here to stay; it's time to amend your e-policies
- What are some strategies to stop employees from abusing intermittent FMLA leave?
- Remember, same-sex harassment is illegal, too
- There's pretext, and then there's not even bothering