Accidentally hit the delete button on an e-mail? It’s easy enough to retrieve. If it’s recent, you can find it at the top of your “Recycle Bin.”
But what if the message was two weeks or two months old? You’ll have to wade through hundreds of deleted messages and junk e-mail to find it.
Here’s a simple way to make the most recently deleted e-mail messages appear at the top of the “Recycle Bin”:
- Navigate to your deleted e-mail items folder.
- Right click on one of the column headers (i.e., Received Date).
- Click “Field Chooser” on the context pop-up menu.
- In the drop-down box at the top of the “Field Chooser” window select “Date/Time Fields.”
- Drag “Modified” to the column position where you want it to appear.
Now click on the Modified column header, and e-mail messages will sort by that column. Whatever was most recently deleted will appear at the top.
It’s a simple adjustment, but the time savings add up.