The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“XYZ recruits, hires, trains, assigns personnel, promotes and compensates employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. All employment decisions at XYZ are made on the basis of merit and job requirements.”
- Understanding HR's role in the new health care reform law
- Ready, fire, aim: Grocery clerk stops shoplifter, loses job
- Intoxicated and driving during working hours: How should our policy address this problem?
- Self-service benefits management: Find the best vendor
- Even consensual affair with supervisor can spell trouble