The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“XYZ recruits, hires, trains, assigns personnel, promotes and compensates employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. All employment decisions at XYZ are made on the basis of merit and job requirements.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When disciplining employees, pick one reason and stick with it
- 'Aiding and abetting' discrimination can include giving false reasons for discharge
- Planning for a pandemic flu: Is your organization prepared?
- Court upholds EEOC rule on retention of employment-related testing records