The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“XYZ recruits, hires, trains, assigns personnel, promotes and compensates employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. All employment decisions at XYZ are made on the basis of merit and job requirements.”
- N.C. workers can cite 'public policy' violations in wrongful discharge cases
- Managing the workplace rumor mill: 4 ways HR can tame the beast
- It's every manager's duty to take harassment complaints
- HR affects the parts of work that are least satisfying
- Can you tell an HR assistant whom to socialize with?