The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“XYZ recruits, hires, trains, assigns personnel, promotes and compensates employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. All employment decisions at XYZ are made on the basis of merit and job requirements.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Rework your severance plan: More prospective employees seeking this safety net
- Health care: Start preparing now for new mental health parity rules
- Use BLS survey data to show employees the value of benefits
- Complying With the FLSA Overtime Rules