The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“XYZ recruits, hires, trains, assigns personnel, promotes and compensates employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. All employment decisions at XYZ are made on the basis of merit and job requirements.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Any downsides to a no-fault attendance policy?
- The death of one-size-fits-all benefits: Tailor rewards to generational differences
- Leadership lesson: Why lead when you can slink away?
- Remind employees to closely read the forms and policies they sign