The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“-eligible employees may take unpaid leaves of absence for the following reasons:
“: The birth of your child or the placement of a child in your home for adoption or foster care. FMLA family leave must conclude within 12 months after the birth or placement of your child.
“Medical leave for yourself or family care: A serious medical condition of yourself or a family member (child, spouse, parent or one who stood in place of a parent).
A serious health condition is an illness, injury, impairment or physical or mental condition that involves inpatient care, treatment or supervision by a health care provider. A serious health condition includes any period of incapacity due to pregnancy or for prenatal care.
“Any paid leave to which the e...(register to read more)
- Here's a no-brainer: No charts predicting when female workers will get pregnant
- Fire employees who take FMLA leave? Yes, with reason
- Think you have a drug-Free workplace? Think again
- Lesson from 'I'm too sexy for my shirt' case: Be alert to female-on-male harassment
- Lower employee stress to raise performance