The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Up to four days of paid leave may be taken in the event of the death of a spouse, offspring, sibling, parent, spouse’s parent, grandparent, son- or daughter-in-law or life partner of the employee. Exceptions may be granted by the owner under extenuating circumstances when requested by the employee.”
- Health care reform: U.S. employees dazed and confused about the new law
- For kicks: Aon 'passes it on' to global colleagues
- Santa hat leads to lawsuit against Raleigh Belk store
- Employee fired after registering complaint is now suing? You could be personally liable
- Coping with seriously ill employees and inquisitive co-workers