The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Up to four days of paid leave may be taken in the event of the death of a spouse, offspring, sibling, parent, spouse’s parent, grandparent, son- or daughter-in-law or life partner of the employee. Exceptions may be granted by the owner under extenuating circumstances when requested by the employee.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Personal liability for HR professionals?
- Exhibit A: What not to ask applicants for HR jobs
- Romance policies that work--even with 'irresistible' employees
- Employee pushing envelope on HR policies? Maybe he's not best for job with lots of rules