The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Up to four days of paid leave may be taken in the event of the death of a spouse, offspring, sibling, parent, spouse’s parent, grandparent, son- or daughter-in-law or life partner of the employee. Exceptions may be granted by the owner under extenuating circumstances when requested by the employee.”
- Lawsuit-proof firing: Those who hire should also fire
- Now's the time to evaluate your in-house promotion policy
- Best Buy employees unwind with the same gadgets they sell
- Even consensual affair with supervisor can spell trouble
- To prevent retaliation claim, check back within weeks following employee's complaint