The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
This first policy stresses the importance of taking vacation time by forbidding carryovers except when special workloads make it impossible for employees to take the vacation due them:
“XYZ believes that vacation is important to the health and well-being of our employees and encourages all employees to utilize their vacation days. Therefore, XYZ will not accumulate unused vacation days or pay for unused vacation days. . . . In the event special work demands prevent an employee from taking all available vacation days, however, a request may be made to carry over no more than five days into the next vacation cycle. To be effective, approval must be in writing.”
Sample Policy 2:
This second policy goes on to specify how vacation tim...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Hug or a handshake: Which does your workplace embrace?
- Feds: Harrisburg leasing firms dodged payroll taxes
- Can we demand certification of violent employee's alleged mental illness?
- Toughen your hiring policy to help neutralize union 'salts'