The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
“We are a nonsmoking shop and office. If anyone needs to have a cigarette, they may go out to the street as long as it doesn’t interfere with work.”
Sample Policy 2:
“Employees may smoke only on breaks and only in designated smoking areas. No smoking is allowed at workstations or in restrooms.”
Sample Policy 3:
“XYZ is committed to enforcing the provisions of applicable local, state and federal law. Accordingly, XYZ’s policy on smoking is as follows:
- Smoking is prohibited in hallways, restrooms, the reception area, work cubicles in rooms or areas containing photocopying or other office equipment used in common by employees and in XYZ vehicles occupied by more than one person, unless all occupants of ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- OMG, TWD is nothing to LOL about; Set a policy to stop 'Texting while driving'
- Lorain steel company faces $563,000 in OSHA penalties
- Moonlighting may not disqualify employee from CFRA leave
- Use statistics early to blow shaky lawsuits out of water