According to a new survey by consulting firm BlessingWhite, 41 percent of executives and managers say their employers’ approach to career development fails to meet their personal needs (29 percent said it did meet their needs, while 30 percent had no opinion).
Advice: To discover what employees value, discuss career ambitions at hire, during and in exit interviews. Then provide (and support) concrete ways for employees to advance their careers, including certification, attending conferences and involvement in professional organizations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- A simple, smart online strategy for 2010
- August's 5th Avenue sidewalk shooting was work-related
- What are the basics of complying with the new Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act?
- Hyundai Ideal Electric faces pay bias suit