According to a new survey by consulting firm BlessingWhite, 41 percent of executives and managers say their employers’ approach to career development fails to meet their personal needs (29 percent said it did meet their needs, while 30 percent had no opinion).
Advice: To discover what employees value, discuss career ambitions at hire, during and in exit interviews. Then provide (and support) concrete ways for employees to advance their careers, including certification, attending conferences and involvement in professional organizations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Recruiter confidence in executive job market constant
- Get healthier or expect to pay more
- Make the most of networking with these 4 tips
- Prepare for a great Skype interview