The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2010. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“The facilities to provide Internet access at ZYX come at considerable resource cost and commitment. The Internet’s vast informational and educational capabilities can help us all do a better job, but not at the expense of either productivity or security for our core business systems and sensitive company and client
“First and foremost for ZYX, the Internet is a business tool. Employees are expected to use Internet access in a professional manner, primarily for business-related research and communication.
“Employees with Internet access must be clear on the point that ZYX can and will monitor Internet usage for appropriateness. All existing ZYX policies apply to conduct on the Internet, especially those that deal with intellectual property...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Store managers can meet executive exemption without constant on-Site supervising of staff
- Less liability if you knew of disability on hiring
- Poor economy, new legal peril: Refusing to hire the unemployed
- Wellness programs: Clash between health care reform and GINA