The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“It is the policy of the company to comply with applicable laws that require records to be maintained of the hours you actually work (including overtime where applicable) and of the accrued leave time you have taken.
“To ensure that you are paid in a timely manner, you will be required to record your time worked and your absences on the company’s employee time sheet form. This form should be completed daily, and signed and forwarded to your supervisor on a weekly basis. After reviewing the form and resolving any discrepancies, your supervisor will sign the form and forward it to payroll for processing.
“Please be careful when recording your hours and leave time taken. Falsifying a time record is a breach of company policy and is grounds for disciplinary action, including the possibility of termination.”
- Figure out how much you're worth
- Outreach center offers emergency relief for workers, cuts turnover
- DHS Issues 'Final' No-Match Letter Rule, While Critics Vow to Continue Opposition
- Your 10-point checklist for ensuring an NLRA-compliant handbook
- Recruiting & Retaining: 6 Real-Life Examples of Successful Programs