The numbers are daunting: Diabetes affects about one in 14 Americans and it’s the fifth leading cause of death in the country. Almost 80 percent more diabetics are in the U.S. work force now than just a decade ago, and experts predict those numbers will rise. For employers, the twin epidemics of diabetes and obesity are eating into profits and creating legal land mines ...
- Don't be so quick to say 'no'--seriously consider every ADA accommodation request
- Cost-sharing can cost you in arbitration agreements
- Durham testing company settles religious bias lawsuit
- Firing Offense: When is 'Shoot the Boss' Comment Not Considered a 'Threat'?
- Be on guard for age discrimination suit if older worker offers to work for less