If your employees work on scaffoldings or other positions in which they could suffer a fall, take note: Scaffolding and fall-protection requirements top OSHA’s new list of the most-violated safety and health standards. (Find advice on scaffolding rules at www.osha.gov/SLTC/scaffolding.)
Other violations rounding out the top 10: hazard communications; respiratory protection; lockout/tagout rules; powered industrial trucks; electrical wiring methods; machine guarding; ladders; and electrical systems.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be alert to employment law issues related to older employees
- Cell phone policies: Don't have one? Dial one up today
- Make sure your accommodations are on par with Casey Martin ruling
- No employee handbook or written policy? Good luck proving you take harassment seriously