Q. Are holidays that fall within the scheduled counted as leave? L.F., Washington
A. The Labor Department’s say that a full week of entitlement is used when an employee is on FMLA leave for a full week, even if some of the days during that week include holidays. One caveat: If your organization closes down for a full week or more, such as during the week of Christmas, that time should not be charged against an employee’s 12-week annual FMLA entitlement.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Misconceptions about disabled employee's medical condition can spell ADA trouble
- Extra leave under MPLA subject to employer approval
- Easy hack: Former employees often keep network access
- Construction firm sued after pulling diabetic's job offer