Q. Are holidays that fall within the scheduled counted as leave? L.F., Washington
A. The Labor Department’s say that a full week of entitlement is used when an employee is on FMLA leave for a full week, even if some of the days during that week include holidays. One caveat: If your organization closes down for a full week or more, such as during the week of Christmas, that time should not be charged against an employee’s 12-week annual FMLA entitlement.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Federal employees must act fast to file claims of alleged discrimination
- Check your FMLA policy: Does it comply with new leave expansions?
- Bakery settles after allegations of harassment against Mexicans
- Entrepreneur stats: Sign of decline or prosperity?