Q. Are holidays that fall within the scheduled counted as leave? L.F., Washington
A. The Labor Department’s say that a full week of entitlement is used when an employee is on FMLA leave for a full week, even if some of the days during that week include holidays. One caveat: If your organization closes down for a full week or more, such as during the week of Christmas, that time should not be charged against an employee’s 12-week annual FMLA entitlement.
- EEOC issues new mandatory poster highlighting GINA
- When religious needs conflict with schedule, shift swaps may be reasonable accommodation
- Energy crunch: Wayne County tries four-Day workweek
- When harassment suit looms, prompt action saves the day
- Employees' job qualifications changing? Document notice and offer additional training