Rather than training employees on 'soft skills,' it's best to hire people who already exhibit them. But determining an applicant's soft skills—such as personal accountability and a strong work ethic—is an inexact science. To help sharpen your focus, here are five questions to ask during job interviews:
1. "A supervisor assigns you three tasks that you view as equally important. How do you decide which to do first?"
2. "A supervisor assigns a task that you've never done before and provides no instructions. What do you do?"
3. "You will receive evaluations on a regular basis. What are the three things for which you want to receive the highest ratings?"
4. "Describe the worst disagreement you ever had. How did you resolve it?"
5. "How will this job impact your home life?"
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/22829/how-to-spot-applicants-with-strong-soft-skills-5-interview-questions "