The 2006 holiday season has just ended, but you need to start planning for next year’s holiday work schedule if you haven’t already. A new Society for Human Resource (SHRM) survey says that, compared with 2006, more employers plan to close up shop the day after Thanksgiving and on Christmas Eve next year.
- 72 percent plan to close their workplaces the day after Thanksgiving in 2007, compared with 63 percent last year.
- 48 percent plan to close on Christmas Eve (a Monday) in 2007, compared with 29 percent last year (on a Sunday).
- 96 percent plan to close New Year’s Day in 2007 versus 88 percent that did so this year.
- Travel expenses: year-end tax strategy
- Employers offering more flexibility on when work happens, less on how much
- Oh, plz! What's up with admins' grammar? Take this quiz to test your skills
- Is everyone in your company treated equally? Here's how to track
- Animal control officer dogged by prescription revelation