New research confirms what HR professionals may already know: “The future work force is here, and it is ill-prepared,” concludes the survey of 431 HR professionals by the Society for Human Resource and The Conference Board.
Where are high school grads most deficient? Here’s the percentage of employer respondents who say that recent high school grads entering their workplace showed a deficiency in:
- Written communications 81%
- Work ethic 70%
- Critical thinking/problem solving 70%
- Oral communications 53%
- Ethics 44%
- Reading comprehension 38%
- /collaboration 35%
- Diversity 28%
- Information technology 22%
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/2280/survey-high-school-grads-unprepared-for-work "
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- Independent Contractor or Employee? How to Make The Call
- A tale of heeding one's trusty advisers
- ACA upheld, HR's compliance scramble begins
- Of course you have an anti-harassment policy; now make sure all your employees can use it