New research confirms what HR professionals may already know: “The future work force is here, and it is ill-prepared,” concludes the survey of 431 HR professionals by the Society for Human Resource and The Conference Board.
Where are high school grads most deficient? Here’s the percentage of employer respondents who say that recent high school grads entering their workplace showed a deficiency in:
- Written communications 81%
- Work ethic 70%
- Critical thinking/problem solving 70%
- Oral communications 53%
- Ethics 44%
- Reading comprehension 38%
- /collaboration 35%
- Diversity 28%
- Information technology 22%
- Can we collect employee cellphones at the door?
- FLSA: Classifying Exempt Workers
- Does an employee have a right to 'correct' a discipline report that's going into her file?
- UPS accused of blacklisting following disputed drug test
- Act fast to stop any potential retaliation against worker who complains about bias, harassment